Friday, July 31, 2009

【柔佛区】F15 Lewin Pee 彭如盈(S.U.S Design College):NEVER GIVE UP...

Ever since I have participated in this ‘Teen Idol’ Competition, I have realized that, people, need to discover their potential capabilities and strong points buried deep down both within and without of themselves….

We cannot be satisfied for just being able to perform excellently, but we have to try achieving perfection at all times regardless of the obstacles that stand before us….

We choose a point where we can shine like a Star, and from it, we find our true self.

I could not find the correct description to describe my feelings after winning the Johore Teen Idol Contest. I was very pleased of myself for winning the contest, but strangely, at the same time I felt a little lost at the same time.

I am exhilarated! I feel that I’m drawing closer and closer to the dream which I had since young. This feeling… Is it for real or just an illusion? I think that if only we have worked hard for our dreams, we will never know how it will end. The dream of being a celebrity, a star, the unreachable dream, I ,can vaguely feel it….

When I went on stage, I was petrified, the nervousness, the fear was extreme, it was nerve-wrecking! Luckily, Lady Luck was with me all the time, I was able to flow with the pressure, turning it to my advantage and make careful, yet confident steps. That is why I could calm myself down shortly. Haha… I am a lucky girl.

I am through to the Semi-finals… I am pleased and proud of my achievement.

At least I’ve tried and made it… I was persistent and I do not give up easily.

Now, I feel like I have more things to handle more than I had before. Not just the competition, but also my studies and my work. My to-do-list is getting longer day-by-day…

I am currently a student of arts and design , everyone knows that we are always busy with our assignments. Due to heavy assignments, I do not have much entertainment even on weekends. But now, this is a new chapter of my life and I am ready for the ‘change’ that comes in my way.

This is so nerve-wrecking… the stakes are high and the outcome of the contest is still so unpredictable. I am so pressured and nervous….

This time, the semi-finals will be held in the heart of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

As I am a Johorean, I myself am not very familiar with the place. …

There are times I am worried about my supporters, and there are times I feel a little like backing out of the competition.

“NEVER GIVE UP” is what my mind tells me and so I have to work hard and start practicing today!

As the saying goes, “winning or losing is a common occurrence”, even though if I have failed, but I can still stand up and give it a try again. Haha… I’m still young anyway…

I am a “cam-whore”, I like taking pictures of myself. As you can see, the pictures that I have taken, I have more in my storage… Countless pictures of myself. Tempted to see? Haha…

I feel exhausted and drained these days, but I feel that I have achieved something as I proceed on to a new day.

This week, I have trained hard and put in lots of effort into my practice for the talent show so that I will not disappoint the audience and also myself, most importantly, my supporters, it is their faithful support that I am able to continue in this contest.

I was too occupied on my studies, the shooting and 24 hours seemed to be not enough for me now. I forced myself to sleep even though I have many things to worry about. Every morning when I woke up, “Teen Idol” would be the first thing that comes into my mind. As time goes by, I feel more and more prepared for the upcoming contest.

I am trying to slim down now… I find that my face is Big, it’s a nightmare… But no worries, I did not starve myself. I still eat, sleep and drink but with additional exercises to keep me slim and hopefully it will make my face smaller.haha….

From this “Teen Idol” contest, I have learnt a lot of things that I have never before. Today I see myself as a confident girl who has a lot of potential within myself and I can overcome barriers no matter how tough they are.

My family and I grew even closer since the beginning of the competition. They are always worried for my health and my preparation for the talent show, that doesn’t mean studies can be put aside. Haha..

My school mates are very supportive and without their help, I would not have made it into the semi-finals. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my supporters and school mates and also my family members for bringing me closer to my dream.CHEERS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment